It has been confirmed by the Riverside County Sheriff’s Office that six students at Enchanted Elementary School ingested chips that contained trace quantities of cannabis.
What had happened: Following reports of students being ill, officers from the Riverside County Sheriff’s Department rushed to the school at around 11:30 a.m. One kid brought in some Cheetos that had trace quantities of THC added to them, and they were passed around to the other classmates.
What the students said: It was Davine, a ninth grader, who first noticed something was off. “These don’t taste right,” he remarked. “Then I smelled it. Little specks of green on them.” According to the Riverside County Sheriff’s Department, a student brought them to school, and she too had no idea that they were laced. On the other hand, Davina shared an entirely different narrative. She told me, “Don’t tell anyone, but I put something in these,” after I inquired, “What are these?” As a matter of fact, when my friend asked her if she put something in these, her response was ‘no, no I didn’t’, changing her answer.”
As terrifying as this incident was, one student sees it as a chance to impart some important lessons. “To not eat somebody else’s chips or anything anything. Not just chips. Anything,” she said.